The Mission Statement of St. Archangel Michael Serbian Orthodox Church of Santa Clara Valley, is to be faithful in fulfilling the commandment of Christ to “Go into all the world and make disciples of all Nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit ....
St. Achangel Michael Serbian Orthodox Church, established in 1960, now within the Western American Serbian Orthodox Diocese headquartered in Alhambra, California is under the jurisdiction of His Grace Bishop Maxim. The church resides on a 4 acre parcel in Saratoga on which is located a temporary chapel, social hall, parish home, playground, and rental house.
The Mission Statement of St. Archangel Michael Serbian Orthodox Church of Santa Clara Valley, is to be faithful in fulfilling the commandment of Christ to “Go into all the world and make disciples of all Nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit....
With God’s help we seek to:
• Enhance our faith in the One Holy, Catholic (Universal) and Apostolic Church.
• Foster mutual love & unity amongst all the people.
• Do Charitable Works.
• Preserve our Serbian Orthodox tradition and culture.
• Contribute to the religious, cultural and ethnic richness of the city we live in.
Leadership of the parish
- Fr Slobodan Jovic , Parish Priest
- Chris Milosovich, President
- Bill Davidovich, First Vice President
- Radmilo Bozinovich, Second Vice President
- Mary Bogdanovich, Secretary
- Dragoslav Grbovic, Treasurer
- Mark Hill, Financial Secretary
- Angie Gill, BOD member
- Vera Fisher, BOD member
- Dragana Siljak, BOD member
- Jelena Pesic, BOD member
- John Medan, BOD member
- Robert Adzich, BOD member
- Ted Miljevich, BOD member
It is responsible for the organization and administration of church activities, finances, and business affairs. It meets once a month, and dues paying members meet approximately four times a year. Applications for membership are posted on the bulletin board in the hall lobby and dues are $50 per year. All parishioners of the Orthodox faith and 18 years of age residing within the prescribed parish boundaries are eligible for membership.
The church is actively involved in a yearly pledge program, Sunday School, choir, social and cultural functions, and various humanitarian fundraising.